Frequently Asked Questions
What Services do you offer?
- We are primarily a Lawn and Landscape Maintenance company. To view a complete list of the services we offer please click on Services.
What forms of payment do you accept?
- We accept Visa/Mastercard, Checks, Money Orders and Online payments. We generally do not accept cash.
What makes this company different than any other lawn company?
- Training, Service, Dependability, and Consistency.
- All of our team members have a minimum of 5 hours classroom and 5 hours hands on training before ever being sent to their first job. They are then under the supervision of an experienced crew leader for two weeks before being left to perform services independently and are required to attend monthly training classes to further their knowledge of our industry.
- Because of our training, our team members perform all services the same way, eliminating inconsistencies during services. We take pride in providing customer service and client satisfaction that goes beyond our clients’ expectations. To ensure continued client satisfaction we send out quarterly surveys to track the quality of our team members’ work and make the changes necessary to meet our clients’ expectations.
- We use the latest technology in our industry for routing and scheduling jobs which ensures us to provide quality service on a consistent basis as well as keeping prices down clients’; giving them the most value for their investment.
What is your Service Area?
- Because of our business model we can provide our clients' the most service for their investment. As a result of this we have chosen to only service specific areas in the Hampton Roads and Northern VA areas. Click here to find out if you’re in our service area. If you’re not in our service area right now, that doesn't mean you won't be in the future. Our business in continually growing.
How much does it cost to cut my lawn?
- There is much to consider when determining how much to charge for lawn service. The square footage of the turf, the amount of edging, the number of obstacles in the yard; if toys need to be picked up, if bagging is required. However, clients who choose our basic mowing service for an average quarter acre lot can expect to pay between $30 and $40 per service. Please view “basic mowing service” for details on what is included and Contact Us to set up an appointment for an estimate.
Will you bag our clippings?
- Generally we do not bag lawn clippings. It has been proven that by mulching clippings back into the lawn will put back 10% of the nutrients that mowing removes from the turf. However bagging may be performed if turf is to high or thick to mulch clippings, or if client requests clippings to be mulch. Please note that we charge an additional $2.00 per bag used if bagging is performed.
How short do you cut grass?
- It depends on the type of grass and the time of year. Warm season grass (Bermuda, Zoysia, St. Augustine) is generally cut between 1.5 and 2 inches during the months of April through November. Cool season grass is cut between 2.5 and 3 inches during the spring and fall months and between 3 and 3.5 during the summer months. Due to the nature of cool season grass we normally won’t cut it any shorter than 3 inches in the summer due to the heat stressing the leaf blade.
Will you cut my lawn on the day I choose?
- Only if the day you choose coincides with the day we have scheduled in your area. Schedules are set to maximize worker productivity and performance. Due to this, we are in certain areas on specific days of the week. This is only altered if weather or other unforeseen events prevent us from performing the work on the scheduled day. We perform all commercial maintenance on Monday and Tuesday; while completing all residential maintenance Tuesday through Thursday. We leave Friday and Saturday open to account for rain. We never work on Sunday. That being said, we do try to work with our clients during special events (parties, rehearsal dinners etc.) and will do our best to accommodate their request on a case by case basis.
Do I have to sign a contract for you to mow my lawn?
- We have signed agreements with all of our clients. The terms range from "As Needed" (meaning you call us when you want the service) to three years. We feel it is important for there to be a common understanding between our clients and us about the expectations of our arrangement; and the easiest way to do this is by having a written agreement. We never encourage new clients to sign up for more than one year and always allow the first thirty days of the agreement to discontinue without penalty. Click here to view a copy of our "Annual Maintenance Agreement".
What type of mowers do you use?
- We use all commercial grade lawn mowers ranging in size from 36” – 52” for residential properties. Although we have 21” push mowers we seldom use them due to the extra time it takes to mow. The only time we consider using a 21” push mower is if there is a gate that prevents our larger commercial mowers from fitting through. If a push mower is required for a property the client can expect to pay two – three times more than if work is being performed by a commercial mower.
Do you offer discounts for military or senior citizens?
- Certain times of the year we may offer special discounts to specific groups or offer special incentives for certain services. To find out what discounts we are currently offering visit our Specials page
How many times will you cut my lawn this year?
- There are 36 weeks in our growing season (the first week of April to the first week of December). Due to weather and other factors we generally skip six to eight of those weeks. So if you have weekly lawn mowing you can expect us to come between 28 and 30 times and half that if you are on a bi-weekly plan.
What type of mulch do you use?
How do you prepare beds prior to mulching?
- For a complete description of preparation and mulch practices, click here.